Vote for Ethiopia Reads as CNN's
Hero Of The Year!

Got an extra minute? Then click over to CNN.com and vote in their CNN Hero Of The Year contest. Ten finalists have been selected for Hero Of The Year, among them Yohannes Gebregeorgis and his Ethiopia Reads project. 


It takes only a moment to vote, and you don't even have to enter your email address. Best of all, the finalist with the most votes receives $100,000 for his/her work.

And if you're not familiar with the work of Ethiopia Reads, I encourage you to check out their website and this short video about them. This project, which strives to "develop a reading culture in Ethiopia by connecting children with books," is more than deserving of your vote.




**One minor awesome point about this video--my favorite children's book ever, Rabbit's New Rug, is featured in the background of the first shot! Awesome!
***And thanks, S, for the heads-up on this story!

3 comments:

hazel said...

Kimberley, thank you for posting about this. I love the CNN Heroes but didn't know about this contest. I just voted for Yohannes.

Would you mind if I link to this post on my blog?

Kimberly said...

Of course I wouldn't mind! =) The more people who hear about it, the better! Wouldn't it be wonderful if he won? Fingers crossed!

You know, you'd think with all these Ethiopian adoption blogs, we could mobilize enough votes for a win. Perhaps we should start a blog campaign of sorts...? What do you think?

hazel said...

Thanks, I posted it today. Hopefully people will swing over and vote. I'm going to add a note about it to a big Canadian adoption message board as well!