Recovering From Surgery

So you thought my blog posts couldn't possibly get any less frequent? HA! Well, tell that to my appendix!

Or should I say, tell that to the right side of my abdomen that formerly held my appendix.  

This past week, I had an emergency appendectomy, and after a few days in the hospital, I'm now at home recovering from surgery. 

An unexpected blessing--my surgery recovery has coincided with the arrival of a Wii. Hooray for distractions, especially for a gal who does not tolerate pain medication very well (and thus isn't taking any).

One of these days, I'll be back in the blog action. In the meantime, I'll be saving the galaxies as an Italian plumber. 


4 comments:

Summer said...

I am glad everything went well! Well...mostly. get well soon!

Kimberly said...

Awww, thanks! =)

And BIG thanks to you for being so instrumental in providing my means of distraction! If not for your astonishing technology-finding luck, I'd be left Wii-less and out in the cold! (I shudder to think!)

Hey, on a more random note, do you know we talked on the phone for four hours tonight?! Cripes! When I saw the time on my cell phone, I felt suddenly transported back to high school! All we needed to do was plan matching outfits and meet in the cafeteria in the morning, and it would be complete high school rewind!

Hehe...oh, well. Whoever said adults can't talk on the phone for insanely long periods of time?! I say, if you find someone who can actually retain your interest for four hours, carpe diem! ;)

Talk to you tomorrow! ;)

hazel said...

Kimberly, I'm glad your surgery went well. I hope it wasn't too painful or traumatic. I'll presume you weren't waving & swinging your new Wii all over the place from your bed.

Kimberly said...

Hi, Haze,

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm doing much better now, and I've been confining my Wii activity to only the most sedentary games. (Even Guitar Hero was a little too taxing for me, sadly enough!)

This doubly sucked because I'd just gotten a Wii Fit a few days before having surgery. As you might imagine, it's been sitting on the floor of my bedroom, unopened, ever since!

Oh, well...I'm sure I'll have plenty of days in the future to rot my brain with video games. ;) Probably while I'm waiting impatiently for a referral!